Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[Bodyline] Shipping and Misc. Opinions

Quality ☆ 

I may not be qualified to have too much of an opinion since I only have only ordered so many times from Bodyline but I feel like it's safe to say their items are not shoddily made. Granted there are imperfections I have come across and elaborate on them in each item but as a whole the item is solid unless stated otherwise. I haven't come into cheap fabric or washing issues. For me, I wash under a delicate/"gentle" wash.

However you will find some items with thin fabric, as well as the lace on some items. The lace on the items are...pretty ugly or is just "too much" for the clothing.

I've seen complaints of shiny fabric. I haven't really had this issue yet. I've seen a warning for "polyester other,"
so perhaps stay away from items that list that? That's what I've been doing. You can sometimes tell from the models' pictures that the fabric is shiny. I usually check if the item is listed in "black" then look at it in black and from there it's easy to tell if it's cheap-looking shiny fabric.

Another thing with Bodyline is COLOR. I noticed that it isn't the same for all items. So if you're trying to make a BL coordinate, be careful. For example: the "SAX" in a SHOE179 isn't the same "SAX" as a schoolgirl outfit (review found here. If I come across any - which I'm sure I will - I will make a list of them here or in a separate post).
Shipping

I did EMS shipping for my first two direct Bodyline Yokoso orders and I must say it's too pricey. It would only be worth it if you DESPERATELY need whatever it is you're ordering and you WANT to be reassured it'll get to you within 3-5 days.
AIR is only $10 and it gets to you just a quickly as EMS.
Here are some numbers for a general idea of their shipping prices:
Order #1:
L264 +ACC691+ACC516 = $28
$16 for EMS shipping
Wait time: 5 days

Order #2: L398, ACC1087, ACC859, ACC327 = $55

$20 for EMS shipping.
Wait time: 3 days

Order #3:

COS410 (2), COS 561, SHOES179 (2)
$10 for AIR shipping.
Wait time: no more than 2 weeks

The two pairs of shoes, COS410 (2) and COS561 arrived in a separate package but arrived at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment